Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you enjoyed a wonderful holiday season and found some time to relax, entertain, and bond with friends and family.
I am always filled with great anticipation in January. I look forward to thinking through all that I hope to accomplish in the coming 12 months. This year, I am taking this process VERY seriously and centering all of my aspirations around the following theme: living with intention.
I am looking at everything with greater questioning and intentionality. I’m asking important and sometimes hard questions in many areas – including our home, finances, possessions, physical health and even travel plans. I think many of us are often on auto-pilot or worse, functioning in the reactive mode instead of living with forethought and planning. I’m guilty of it in some areas as well, so I’m definitely not pointing fingers. Instead, I’m hoping to bring awareness to the table and approach each month with greater planning and intention.
I’m hoping you’ll join me on this journey. Each month my goal is to challenge myself and inspire all of you to tackle a project that will help us achieve greater productivity, peace and joy at home. I’m going through all the rooms in our house with fresh eyes and asking:
- How can we increase the functionality of this room?
- Do we want/need everything that takes up space in this room?
- How can we feel more inspired in this space?
- What can we add/take away to increase our enjoyment of this room?
A Year of Intentional Living at Home
Here’s what you can look forward to in the next 12 months:
- January ~ Home Office Challenge: How to Create a Space that Supports Productivity and Creativity
- February ~ Bedroom: Your Place to Recharge, Relax and Sleep
- March ~ Bathroom: Order, Storage and Function
- April ~ What’s in Your Closet? Wardrobe Organization and How to Maintain Long-Term Order
- May ~ Kitchen & Pantry: Where Zones are Key
- June ~ The Great Outdoors : Porches, Patios, Decks and Balconies
- July ~ Bon Voyage: Summer Travel Organization
- August ~ Kids’ Spaces: How to Keep Them Clean, Organized and Functional
- September ~ Foyers, Entry Areas & Mudrooms: Where Function and Form Work Together
- October ~ Living Room: Sit and Stay for a While
- November ~ Dining Room: Gather Around the Table (Also ideas for holiday entertaining!)
- December ~ The Organized Home: Organizational Systems that Sustain Themselves
I will be doing a lot of work and reporting back to you to make your work easier. I will also be sharing resources, tips and strategies regarding both organization and design (both home- and life-related!), so you won’t want to miss the blog. Make it easy on yourself: SUBSCRIBE! That way everything gets delivered right to your inbox.
Here’s to a new year filled with greater awareness, productivity and intentionally driven decisions at home and life in general.